Thursday, October 4, 2018

Monster's Lunch Box

Genre: Fantasy/Science Fiction
Author: Marc Brown
Illustrator: Marc Brown
Awards: none
Grade level: 1st-3rd 

This book is about children playing on a playground and coming across a huge, mysterious lunch box. They all open it up, and assume it is a monsters lunch box and list all of the nasty, gross things found inside this lunchbox. I enjoyed this book because it is actually shaped like a lunch kit, and I just found that really creative. I also enjoyed that throughout the entire book, there were little manipulatives, and even some pop-ups, on each page to really make the monsters lunch box come alive.

I would definitely use this book in my classroom because I think it will really spark children's creativity, and I think they would love feeling all of the different items in the books. I think a good age range is between 1st and 3rd grade because younger children are able to explore the book and enjoy the manipulatives more. In my classroom, I would probably read the book to the students and have them write and draw what they believe they would find in a monsters lunch box.

No comments:

Post a Comment