Thursday, September 27, 2018

All the small poems and fourteen more

Genre: Poetry
Author: Valerie Worth
Illustrator: Natalie Babbitt
Awards:None
Grade level: 1st-4th

This book is a thicker poem book with many different types of poems. There are no colored illustrations throughout the book, but there are some simple illustrations that go along with each poem. There are many different poems throughout this book, one about skeletons, one about sidewalks, one even about a lawnmower! The writing of the poems is so creative, and I like how each poem has a different meaning and is centered around one thing. Each poem is definitely on the shorter side so it's good because it's not a long poem and children will be able to read through it.

I would definitely use this book in my classroom because it has such a wide variety of poems, I'm sure that I could relate a poem back to a topic I'm covering in the classroom. I chose 1st-4th grade for the grade level because some of the poems are simpler and easier to understand but there are also complex poems that could challenge the 4th graders. I would use this book in my class by relating a poem to a topic covering in class and reading it to the students or having them read it and write how they think it relates to what we are learning about.

No comments:

Post a Comment