Monday, November 12, 2018

Olivia

Genre: Fiction
Author: Ian Falconer
Illustrator: Ian Falconer
Awards: Caldecott
Grade level: K-2nd 

This book is about a young piglet girl who is very energetic just like any other little girl! She has a huge imagination, and the book is about the day to day life of Olivia. She goes on many adventures such as the beach and loves to use her creativity. Even though Olivia does drive her mom a bit wild sometimes, the reader in the story can tell that Olivia is very loved, and can let her creativity flourish.

I love this book and will definitely have it in my classroom for younger children! This book is something all children can relate to, especially Olivia's excitement and imagination. This book is definitely for younger children, I would say K-2nd. In my class, I would definitely have this book in my library so children can access it and read it when they would please.

No comments:

Post a Comment